The 9th Match, which is listed in this T20 2014 World Cup schedule is between Afghanistan (team has crucial bowling attack) vs Nepal (An emerging star team). This t20 world cup match will surely go till the last because of taking place as Qualifier-1 and Qualifier-2. Although, this is 3rd match for both the teams. This is also the reason for seeing equal and excellent cricket from both of the sides.
Conditions of both teams according to experience:
If we look upon the experience factor, then
- Both teams are new in this tournament.
- We have seen some highlights of Afghan cricket from Asia Cup, as bowling is their favorite department.
- Although, batting is not so worse, can say afghan team is average from batting also.
- Nepal team has got some new talents in this way in all the departments, Skipper Paras is an excellent player.
- We didn’t see so much performances from their team, but everybody is saying that “This team can change the game”!
- A good team work, wicket-taking bowlers & good fielders are the key things for both the teams.
- Both team will have got the experience to play with Test playing Nation team Bangladesh.
- Both teams have got placed from 2013 ICC world t20 qualifiers.
- Both teams have lost and won 1-1 matches.
- Surely, it will be a good contest under the pressure to reserve their place for Super 10.
ICC T20 World Cup 2014 Match 9 Details:
- This is the Match number 9 in group stage (pools), which played on March 20th 2014 at Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong.
- Match started at 09:30am GMT.
- It’s 1st match of the day. The next match b/w Bangladesh vs Hong-Kong played at the same ground.
ICC World T20 2014 Match 9 Team Squads:
|Paras Khadka(Captain)||Mohammad Nabi (Captain)|
|Gyanendra Malla||Shapoor Zadran|
|Sharad Vesawkar||Asghar Stanikzai|
|Shakti Gauchan||Dawlat Zadran|
|Basanta Regmi||Najibullah Taraki|
|Avinash Karn||Hamid Hassan|
|Prithu Baskota||Samiullah Shenwari|
|Binod Bhandari||Najibullah Zadran|
|Pradeep Airee||Nawroz Mangal|
|Naresh Budhayer||Mirwais Ashraf|
|Sagar Pun||Hamza Hotak|
|Jitendra Mukhiya||Karim Sadiq|
|Rahul B.K||Gulbadin Naib|
|Subash Khakurel||Mohammad Shahzad|
Result of the Match:
|Day of Match||Batting First||Chasing Team||Result|
|20th, March 2014||Nepal: 141/5 (20 overs)||Afg: 132/8||Nepal won by 9 runs|
|15:00 IST (D/N)||SP Khakurel: 56(53)||Asghar Stanikzai: 49(36)||Player of the match – JK Mukhiya (Nepal)|
|Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium, Chittagong||S Zadran: 19/2 (4 overs)||JK Mukhiya: 18/3 (4 overs)||Umpires – Aleem Dar and S Ravi|
- Umpires – Aleem Dar and S Ravi
- TV umpire – RJ Tucker
- Match referee – J Srinath
- Reserve umpire – PR Reiffel
Afghanistan vs Nepal Match-9 Scorecard
The tickets for the future matches are available at the official site i.e ICC-Cricket.com.